When you are ready to start ABA therapy for your child, you might wonder how you will pay for it. However, at Positive Pathways, we accept most major insurance. Without insurance, hours of therapy can be expensive, yet when you see the results, you’ll know that it’s necessary. Our staff is available to answer questions and can also work with you to determine how autism services can be covered by our autism health partners.
Finding Autism Health Partners
Part of our commitment to helping children on the autism spectrum and with other developmental disabilities involves advocating for them to insurance companies. If you’d like to check whether your health insurance covers ABA, give us a call, and we’ll let you know right away. We know the right questions to ask your insurance company, can provide them with information about the benefits of ABA, and can also provide data on your child’s sessions. Because of our years of experience, we can fight for your child in the system.
And since we have those years of experience, we can recommend a program for your child that doesn’t include extra hours. You can be sure that every moment your child spends while in our centers or individual ABA therapy is meaningful. We’ll also make that clear to our autism health partners.
Our Autism Health Partners in California
The following insurance companies are our autism health partners in California:
- Alameda Alliance
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Medi-Cal
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Contra Costa Health Plan
- Golden Gate Regional Center
- Regional Center of the East Bay
- Value Options
- San Francisco Health Plan
However, if your insurance is not on this list, some resources can help. To start, call us at Positive Pathways. We pride ourselves on being advocates for our children and their families. So if we can help support you in this way, we will.
Next, some of our community partners, like Bay Area Legal, can also work with families. They provide low-cost or pro-bono services to help parents get their children the support they need, whether in school or a center. When you start the journey to find help for your child, know that you are not alone. We would love to get you connected with resources to help.
The Positive Pathways Difference
Our experienced, professional staff uses play-based, research-backed methods to ensure results. Don’t hesitate to get your child the support they need. Find out further details on our programs:
- In-home ABA – Therapists can work with your schedule to provide in-home therapy. Ideal for young children and can help the entire family learn how to use ABA interventions
- ABA therapy in schools and communities – Our “push-in” model in schools allows your child to stay in the classroom as our staff intervenes when necessary
- Center-based services – Your child can rapidly learn new skills in a supportive, structured, and fun setting with their peers. Morning programs for our “early intervention owls” takes place five days a week while our “afternoon owls” meet after school for play-based ABA therapy
- Individual ABA therapy – One-on-one intensive ABA therapy can prepare your child for academic settings and reinforce positive behaviors
We have ABA centers in Antioch and Oakland. We also provide in-home, in-school, and community-based services to the entire Bay Area.
If you’re concerned about our autism health partners, want to know if we work with your insurance, or have questions about the services we provide, reach out today. Talk to a member of our staff by calling 650.460.2670. Also, be sure to check out our blog and parent resources page for helpful information about how to get your child the help they need.